Video: Giving up on Samadhi – Day 4 of Solo Tantric Retreat
Day 4, and I started to see stark differences between my own experiences of past Zen retreats, and the current solo tantric retreat.
Most of the practices I’ve engaged in have been about self-liberation. Feeling better, finding out who I am, and such.
Samadhi is when spontaneous joy arises for no external reason, just from meditation. It’s the most wonderful feeling ever. 𝘔𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘢𝘭, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘰𝘢𝘥.
𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐠𝐨.
These Tantric practices are very different, and have a different focus.
My teacher talks about 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐬, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟-𝐥𝐢𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧.
That is why 𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘶𝘱 𝘚𝘢𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘩𝘪, meditation, and other practices that are focused on non-dual states, self-liberation, and compassion alone.
These tantric practices are focused on unwinding the karmic forces that binds one into this 3D realm, creating an internal, external, and causal forces.
I talk about the 3D, 4D, and 5D representations of our beings, similar to the buddhist Nirmanakaya, Sambokakaya, and Dharmakayas.
For the rest in the series check out:
Meet the Author
“What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals…” - Henry David Thoreau
Cian Kenshin is an MBA (Finance), a consultant for 32 of the top sports franchises in the US, and founder of multiple successful startups including a Vertical Farm company, is a certified teacher of Yoga and Zen, a Certified Virtual Coach by Eben Pagan, soon to be author, and a sought after Executive Coach for start-ups and boardroom executives alike. Known for his unique perspective on productivity, this serial entrepreneur and investor is a wealth of fresh ideas, constantly seeking new ways to ‘do business better’.
He's now taken his skills in entrepreneurship, and professional performance and created a system of personal performance and growth that can help you succeed in both life and business. He has recently partnered with GFIT Wellness to offer these unique sessions to the corporate world.
Check Cian out at mindhacker.com and at his podcast
Subscribe to my Blog
- The Wave December 24, 2017 (3,314)
- Balance: Don’t fight your addiction May 3, 2018 (3,267)
- Open Source Enlightenment: A proposal for rapid… June 6, 2018 (3,168)
- Dualistic appearances: why self and no self can coexist May 20, 2018 (3,154)
- The one mistake nearly everyone makes during meditation August 14, 2018 (3,044)
- Amp up your Mind in just 10 minutes a day August 28, 2018 (2,944)
- Being seen through April 16, 2018 (2,799)
- Not Mine August 20, 2018 (2,725)
- Why anticipation is something to forget September 13, 2018 (2,578)
- Uncontrived spaciousness September 24, 2018 (2,339)