Time: Sunday, January 19, 2019, 1pm – 6pm
Location: Yoga Public Om Room
Imagine sitting down to meditate, having the knowledge and confidence that no matter what happens, you know what to do?
Busy mind? No problem.
Sleepiness? Easy to handle.
Restless? No more.
Doubt? Only in the past.
Inviting all who are interested in learning to meditate, whether a long time practitioner who wants to up their game, or someone who has never meditated before!
In this half day meditation retreat Cian will give precise instructions that will make meditation fluid even for those with the most busy minds. He will also ground those instructions with talks based on a solid foundation of Western Neuroscience and Psychology.
“The biggest complaint I have from new students is that as soon as they sit down, they are bombarded with thoughts, can’t seem to calm their minds. This is not a problem of ability, merely a simple misunderstanding as to how meditation works. In many cases a short 10 minute conversation is all I need to show these students the way past this hindrance.” – Cian
If you feel like you are blessed financially, and would like to help others who cannot afford to attend, please contribute more. If you are in a special circumstance, and unable to afford the full price, please contact me at [email protected] to request a reduced rate.
Spots are limited! This is a small room and registrations are filling up quickly.
Please mark that you’re going and share with your friends on Facebook!
This event we will be using chairs for the meditation, though you are free to bring your own meditation cushion if you like. Please bring a notebook if you wish to take notes; there will be handouts that detail the instructions for future reference.
The schedule is subject to change, however here is a basic outline of how the retreat will go:
- 12:00pm – Setup and welcome, talk on meditation and the basic instructions
- 12:30pm – 15 minute sitting meditation
- 12:45pm – 10 minute walking meditation
- 12:55pm – Break
- 1:15pm – 15 minute sitting meditation
- 1:30pm – Discussion on the mind model, attention & awareness and instructions
- 2:30pm – 20 minute sitting meditation
- 2:40pm – 10 minute walking meditation
- 3:00pm – Break
- 3:15pm – Discussion on hindrances and instructions
- 4:00pm – 30 minute sitting meditation
- 4:30pm – Sharing, and Questions
- 5:00pm – Close and dedication