Much of the development and prosperity that cities experience can be linked to the amount of new people that are either born, or move there. In Manitoba, immigration makes up for about 70% of our growth, while deaths account for 65% of our births (Stats Can).
The amount of immigrants who come here to live with their families and work, pay taxes, etc, is very important to ensure we always have positive growth. “In the long-term, the economic growth depends on the extent to which productive capacity (including physical capital, human capital, and economic institutions) is able to grow” (William G Gale). Immigration of skilled labour helps with each these, migrants are usually skilled and add to our ability to produce (Migration between Countries).
The Conservatives this year made a plan that would limit that growth from immigration in such a way that it would effectively stifle the Manitoba economy, perhaps even back to where we were over a decade ago. The larger city centers won’t feel that nearly as bad as we will here, as they have positive growth from local migration.
If you plan to stay in Winnipeg for any amount of time, I’d recommend voting for someone who has a chance to defeat the Conservatives, and looks positively on immigration. Who that is will highly depend on your local choices…
Meet the Author
“What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals…” - Henry David Thoreau
Cian Kenshin is an MBA (Finance), a consultant for 32 of the top sports franchises in the US, and founder of multiple successful startups including a Vertical Farm company, is a certified teacher of Yoga and Zen, a Certified Virtual Coach by Eben Pagan, soon to be author, and a sought after Executive Coach for start-ups and boardroom executives alike. Known for his unique perspective on productivity, this serial entrepreneur and investor is a wealth of fresh ideas, constantly seeking new ways to ‘do business better’.
He's now taken his skills in entrepreneurship, and professional performance and created a system of personal performance and growth that can help you succeed in both life and business. He has recently partnered with GFIT Wellness to offer these unique sessions to the corporate world.
Check Cian out at mindhacker.com and at his podcast
Subscribe to my Blog
- The Wave December 24, 2017 (3,326)
- Balance: Don’t fight your addiction May 3, 2018 (3,277)
- Open Source Enlightenment: A proposal for rapid… June 6, 2018 (3,174)
- Dualistic appearances: why self and no self can coexist May 20, 2018 (3,157)
- The one mistake nearly everyone makes during meditation August 14, 2018 (3,072)
- Amp up your Mind in just 10 minutes a day August 28, 2018 (2,976)
- Being seen through April 16, 2018 (2,801)
- Not Mine August 20, 2018 (2,727)
- Why anticipation is something to forget September 13, 2018 (2,588)
- Uncontrived spaciousness September 24, 2018 (2,343)