Yes! We are prepared.
That’s what we are now able to say when people ask us. Basically we are processing DNS logs, scraping for any of the 90,000 Conficker A+B domain names. As of tomorrow that won’t necessarily work, as it will be generating 50,000 new domains every day.
What we are doing is comparing all the DNS queries that come in with an in memory database of the conficker domains (very fast), then cross-indexing those IP’s / timedate stamps with user records. Once done, this information is injected into our existing anti-abuse system. While I can’t say what happens then, let’s just say that our existing process (people, machines, etc) deal well with viruses, and worms.
My current (un-verified) estimate is that there are anywhere from 0.001 – 0.002% of our customers infected. This is lower than expected, as I think Canada makes up for about 5.8% of the entire 3 Million hosts, which would work out to a national average of 0.005 – 0.006 %. I entirely attribute this to some of the super secret “we’ll take care of you” anti-abuse systems we’ve put in place for consumers.
I never realized how hard it is to talk about stuff like this, and remain confidential 🙂
Meet the Author
“What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals…” - Henry David Thoreau
Cian Kenshin is an MBA (Finance), a consultant for 32 of the top sports franchises in the US, and founder of multiple successful startups including a Vertical Farm company, is a certified teacher of Yoga and Zen, a Certified Virtual Coach by Eben Pagan, soon to be author, and a sought after Executive Coach for start-ups and boardroom executives alike. Known for his unique perspective on productivity, this serial entrepreneur and investor is a wealth of fresh ideas, constantly seeking new ways to ‘do business better’.
He's now taken his skills in entrepreneurship, and professional performance and created a system of personal performance and growth that can help you succeed in both life and business. He has recently partnered with GFIT Wellness to offer these unique sessions to the corporate world.
Check Cian out at mindhacker.com and at his podcast
Subscribe to my Blog
- The Elephant and the Rider: A story about the… September 12, 2019 (4,131)
- The Wave December 24, 2017 (3,395)
- Balance: Don’t fight your addiction May 3, 2018 (3,340)
- Open Source Enlightenment: A proposal for rapid… June 6, 2018 (3,212)
- Dualistic appearances: why self and no self can coexist May 20, 2018 (3,199)
- The one mistake nearly everyone makes during meditation August 14, 2018 (3,164)
- Amp up your Mind in just 10 minutes a day August 28, 2018 (3,105)
- Being seen through April 16, 2018 (2,843)
- Not Mine August 20, 2018 (2,761)
- Why anticipation is something to forget September 13, 2018 (2,626)